One of my chicks chirp sounds different than others. Sick , plugged nare?

Start them off with electrolytes and a fan. If the ill ones seem to be getting better continue doing it. If they get worse then I would buy some antibiotics or antivirals depending on the symptoms.

Thank you so much for the tips and advice, I'll try it. What can I do about separation anxiety from the others?

Does anybody know what could cause a chicks chirp to sound different or weird compared to normal ? Almost like she’s sick or plugged up, it kind of sounds broken up . She’s about 2 months old. I first noticed about a week ago .
Has she been sneezing a lot? I would think if she was plugged with dirt or dust you migh t hear her try to sneeze it out🤔

I hope everything works out okay...
Thank you! Me too...

Is that pine or cedar shavings?

With the eye closed like that and the congested sound, then I would probably try to get some Tylosin to see if that makes a difference.

You can order it online https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

Look inside her beak just to make sure there's no obstruction and monitor her crop as well.

I stopped by the feed store and grabbed some. Started treatment for all of them as soon as I got home. Amber didn't look like she moved much since I had been gone so I decided to keep her separate (but close by) since she did calm down... or should she be fine together with the others?

Did a check up and had abit of a pasty butt so I cleaned him up. My fingers are crossed the medicine works!

Thank you! Me too...
I stopped by the feed store and grabbed some. Started treatment for all of them as soon as I got home. Amber didn't look like she moved much since I had been gone so I decided to keep her separate (but close by) since she did calm down... or should she be fine together with the others?Did a check up and had abit of a pasty butt so I cleaned him up. My fingers are crossed the medicine works!
Are you using pine or cedar shavings?

You were able to get Tylosin at the feed store? You must have a Mom/Pop store that had some back stock LOL

Are you using pine or cedar shavings?

You were able to get Tylosin at the feed store? You must have a Mom/Pop store that had some back stock LOL
It is a mom/pop store and it's still the same building from 1940's.

I am using pine.

Update: last night was nearly terrible. Amber slept for what seemed forever. By the time I got the medicine, she could barely stand, looked as if she was gasping for air or trying to peep with no sound, and was completely unresponsive to any sounds I made. I went to bed prepared.

To my surprise, this morning Amber is walking around, peeping loud and clear again, running away when my hand is over the brooder, all the normal stuff. Still some stuffiness and sneezing here and there but definitely a huge difference!!

The guy at the feed store says I have it too cold. Once they turned 2 weeks, I turned it down from 90 to 85 but he says it might be too cold still (?). The weather started to get funky (started off in the 100's then dropped to 76 for a couple days) so I did have issues with consistency this passed week so maybe that had a lot to do with it (?) I don't know but I'm happy she's doing better.

Back
Top Bottom