One of my Chicks died after a rainstorm?

mmorgan79936

Songster
7 Years
Jun 26, 2012
Elgin Oklahoma
Can someone help me understand this! My son has been raising chickens for 4 years but he was away at school when I got these 27 chick now down to 21. I have a lot of knowledge with chickens just from being around and helping him but this is my first time doing this by myself. He doesn't get home until June 18 so if anyone can help me so I don't lose anymore of his chicks I would appreciate it.

These chicks are 5-6 weeks. I transferred them out to the portable coop/run they go in before going to the big permanent coop and run. I have been introducing them to table scraps and every night I go in with worms and have them eat them from my hand training them not to be afraid of humans, I guess. My son just told me to do this. I have White Cochins, Partridge, and Araucanas. They were all doing great last night then we had a huge storm. I woke up today to put some bread in their coop and found one of them lying there dead. He wasnt up in the coop he was in the run :( What could have happened to her? I have had a hard time keeping the Araucanas alive too. I ordered 4 and I am down to 1. They died early on though about 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom