One of my girls has developed a black blob on her comb!! What is it??

Chookenperson4

In the Brooder
May 18, 2019
Hi
I have two chooks (Pekin bantams). One of them is usually at the top of the food chain, normally bossing the other one around and stealing food, but lately she seems to be feeling out of sorts, has less appetite, and isn’t her usual bossy self. I have noticed a small black blob on her comb- I’ve heard of multiple reasons for this but I’d like to know exactly what it is!! I’ve included a photo. Any idea whats happening??
A04ED543-9B37-433D-84E7-59111362E988.jpeg

Attachments

• 8E50AC8C-FDC7-4D51-BD8A-21D06D93B54A.jpeg
    8E50AC8C-FDC7-4D51-BD8A-21D06D93B54A.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 2
I don't think there is anything you can do for fowl pox other than good food and extra vitamins. And if that's what it is the rest of your birds will likely get it as well. But hopefully it's just a peck wound

Hi
I have two chooks (Pekin bantams). One of them is usually at the top of the food chain, normally bossing the other one around and stealing food, but lately she seems to be feeling out of sorts, has less appetite, and isn’t her usual bossy self. I have noticed a small black blob on her comb- I’ve heard of multiple reasons for this but I’d like to know exactly what it is!! I’ve included a photo. Any idea whats happening??View attachment 1780134

Hi ,
it is a pecking injury
just make some lukewarm water and cotton with lite hand clean the wound and apply some Veseline on the wound and cover with veseline it will heal it and remove the crust

Back
Top Bottom