one of my girls has eaten antibiotics our cat spat out

gioiosani

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 30, 2009
Gioiosa Marea;Messina;Sicily;Italy
Help - One of my girls has eaten an antibiotic tablet our cat spat out. The active ingredients are Spiramicina, Metronidazolo, Eccipienti q.b.a. for a 2kg cat. It happened so quickly I am not sure which chicken got it. Any one know what effect it will have or poisonous.

Not sure if they will adversely affect your hens. Make sure they get lots of water and food to help flush out the antibiotics.

Help - One of my girls has eaten an antibiotic tablet our cat spat out. The active ingredients are Spiramicina, Metronidazolo, Eccipienti q.b.a. for a 2kg cat. It happened so quickly I am not sure which chicken got it. Any one know what effect it will have or poisonous.    

Pretty sure she'll be fine.

-Kathy

Did just one chicken get it? Or was it several? The reason I ask is because if more then one chicken got it then it will be split up between the two. Just make sure to give them lots and lots of water.

@gioiosani , forgot to welcome you, so welcome to BYC. Curiously, what are your treating our cat for?

-Kathy

Last edited:
Some one dumped a little cat in the road near our house, it would not eat so we took it to the vet and she said it was about 2 years old and it only weighed 1.2kg (0.44lbs). we were given a prescription for antibiotic tablets for infection in mouth, stomach, digestive system and lungs. another antibiotic to be injected with another liquid and a tonic. A neighbour is administering the injection twice a day, with difficulty as she is so thin. She is now eating very used to people and likes to be loved, pads the ground when she sees me in the morning and purrs when you put food in front of her. She is frightened to move more than 20 yards from the house and is frightened being put in a carrier and in the car. Only glad our cat accepts her as she does not like other female cats.

Back
Top Bottom