One of my girls was pecked to death; now 4 injured...

Are you positive that no predator was involved here?
Yes I am sure of it. There was blood splatter on the wall behind the top roosting bar and two of my other girls had blood splatter on their heads. My coop is tight, I had a shed built and made a coop on the inside. The entire perimeter is 1/4" hardware cloth dug and anchored in an 18" trench all the way around the run and building.

Wow..
Kinda cross talking here but looks like that bluish one pictured I may have its twin and she's an olive egger.. I have two similar colored to pic above
Sorry for your loss.. could it be a rhodent?? Or did u figure it out?(ermine/marten)
Didn't read comments sorry
20191119_093827.jpg

Wow..
Kinda cross talking here but looks like that bluish one pictured I may have its twin and she's an olive egger.. I have two similar colored to pic above
Sorry for your loss.. could it be a rhodent?? Or did u figure it out?(ermine/marten)
Didn't read comments sorry
View attachment 1972843
Thank you!! Yes she is Raquelle's twin for sure!! It was definitely an inside job. Crime scene proves chicken-slaughter.. I can't bring my self to think this could be 1st degree murder. I raised these girls from a day old :-(

I have to say my first thought was it sounded like a predator. Regardless of predator or bully it would be helpful to know exactly who the culprit is. Can you hook up video cameras so you can monitor activity? If it's a bully you'll know which one(s). If it's a predator you'll know what kind you're dealing with.

Thank you!! Yes she is Raquelle's twin for sure!! It was definitely an inside job. Crime scene proves chicken-slaughter.. I can't bring my self to think this could be 1st degree murder. I raised these girls from a day old :-(
Ugh I feel ya.. lost 4 to fox sadly one being my marilyn munroe chicken dutchess (orpington) but they didn't get my other baby girl I love so much it hurts..(this ones my lavender/blue/black smoke egger pullet.. PicsArt_08-05-03.43.01.jpg one pictured first is my only olive egger I found out... I have a blue layer and a green too (green from 2nd pictured) blue from another..
So sorry about ur girls..I didn't know what was happening to mine until fox almost got 5th hen.. I dunno what would be worse finding them vs not knowing what happened to them... that was horrible too...

Back
Top Bottom