One of My Marans Has Achieved Large

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
I'm looking at my 2022 chick orders with an eye to increasing the egg size in a flock that has too many mediums.

Weighing eggs today I saw that one of my Marans has upped her size after a couple weeks of laying.

1202211255_HDR.jpg

Different sources tell me that 61g is either high on the medium range or low on the large range.

Since I want to sell eggs I want to work toward a flock that lays large and extra-large rather than medium or Jumbo.

I'm looking at my 2022 chick orders with an eye to increasing the egg size in a flock that has too many mediums.

Weighing eggs today I saw that one of my Marans has upped her size after a couple weeks of laying.

View attachment 2916354

Different sources tell me that 61g is either high on the medium range or low on the large range.

Since I want to sell eggs I want to work toward a flock that lays large and extra-large rather than medium or Jumbo.
Is jumbo not as big as XL?

Standard size Marans should lay at least 65 grams.

Usually the pullets will start with less, but they should reach the minimum weight after two month. My older Marans hens lay up to 80+ grams.

I was hoping that my Marans would live up to their standard for this and am very pleased to see this egg today.

Back
Top Bottom