One of my Wyandottes. Hen or Cockrell?

How many weeks? Where did the bird come from?

The comb can be different because sometimes they throw a straight comb, even though it really should be rose. There is a lot of iridescence in there that makes me think there could possibly be Australorp mixed in there, so while the feathers are different, and I can see why you think the longer tail feathers look cockerel ish, the saddles are not coming in pointy yet... I think a few more weeks will definitely be more conclusive, but right now she looks like a pullet.
Thank you, I love the coloring, they do seem to have the same iridescence that my Rhode Island Blues have. They are 15 weeks today.

This is Zee. I'm thinking Zee is a cockrell, but I really don't know. She/He is differnt looking in feathering then my other two and they have the rose combs and this one does not. The tail feathers are higher. So I would like you other chicken lovers out there to give me your opinions. Thank you all! :)
One of my wyandottes from TSC not only has a single comb but it flops over. I think it's cute.

Back
Top Bottom