One of our 4 silkie chicks makes odd head motion, is this normal?

I am nursing the wry neck with vitamin E capsules and a small amount of selenium. I'm also using low dose Bayer baby aspirin and I'm waiting on the arrival of my predinsone pills. They were shipped out Monday. The predinsone comes with specific instructions I will share that with you when it arrives other than that I'm doing the polyvisol children's vitamin without iron vitamin capsules low dose children's aspirin selenium three times a day.I believe the predinsone will only be once a day. She is showing slight improvements as she can eat by herself now as well as drink if I hold up her bowl for her this is a huge improvement from having to syringe feed her! Yesterday she held up her head but the neck still had a hook like shape however this is a improvement. My little silkie had only had this for 5 or 6 days so its still early in treatment. I have hope. Once the predinsone arrives it should really help. I believe this treatment is called the Allen Stanford treatment for wry neck. You can Google it.I think I got that name right? anyway if you need anything please feel free to pm me and I'll help in Any way I can! Even if you just want to talk. I'll help! Hope things are going better for your bird.? Take care and God bless.

Thank you so much for this information! I really hope your chicken is showing more signs of improvement. Our Cutie still just does an odd head bob, not any of the wry neck symptoms but now we know what to look for.

God bless you too! We just love our chickens & their hen house & run are finally done & predator safe! Now reading up on how to keep them cool with being in Northern CA we get high temps in July & Aug.

If you would like to, I would love to hear how your chicken is healing!
Mishelle

Back
Top Bottom