One of the worst shipped eggs

waibel zoo

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
Sandy, UT
I ordered eggs from someone here, I hope you know who you are, and I have to complain. I will leave feedback at hatch, if we get there. First off the box long and thin. The eggs are wrapped in bubble wrap then loosly surrounded by newspaper. So one was smashed, and all had either damaged or ruptured air cells. I set them anyway. I have ordered form this person in the past and eggs arrived in the same way. This was a replacement batch. Well last night was day 3. So I grabbed a couple and candled, just for kicks. One I noticed had a broken yolk that was floating at the top of the white. So I brought in in to open. I always do. For me this is learning. I opened it. It was smelly and had about a nine day old embryo init. YUCK. What was the thought: I am going to pull out form under the broody to complete your order. So I started to candle them all. I found another with a broken yolk, so I opened. It had about a 5 day old embryo. Unless I get a decent hatch out of the rest of these, I am leaving painfull feedback.

First off, prolly not the best place to post this. But... why wait to leave feedback? If the eggs were poorly wrapped, then a poor feedback is deserved. Feedback ratings should be decided not on hatch rates, but on other factors such as packing and shipping, IMO.

~Cherlyn

Because if they are the only two, then fine, accidents happen. My feedback will be different if something hatches. I do think hatch rate plays into feedback. What if what hatches is not what I asked for? And where would I post? I am not mentioning names. I just think this is bad. I mean these embryos were developing untill packed ina box fro shipping. How old are the others. Did they just go out grab what was there, reguardless of age of egg?

Hm... yeah. I think I agree with you.
smile.png

~Cherlyn

What on earth were they thinking?? How could the eggs possibly progress if they were already developing?

I would be saving up my negative feedback, too- and they ought to have packed it differently so that it didn't happen again...

what type were they??? LOL just wondering for my own issues with eggs~
Please leave feedback in the section! We need to know these things~ Sorry and best of luck

A couple started development and quit. I am guessing that they had scrambled yolks. I did not bother to open, I was too peeved. I will leave feedback. I am just not going to do it angry. If anyone wants to know who it is just PM me.

So sorry to hear your news. I had the same problem with the ONE that developed.

Ah lessons learned.

hugs.gif

I just feel bad for the new buyers who aren't checking feedback. I didn't when I bought.

Good Luck with future hatches. keep in touch.

Back
Top Bottom