One of those days..........AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! (rambling)

Here are a few pics I took today.

I got some of the garden replanted today. I had a nice lady on Freecycle who gave me some tomato plants offer me a few more. I'll be picking those up tomorrow.
Hubby picked up some Red Bell Peppers for me yesterday.

Here's a pic of my garden in the reconstruction stage.

GARDENWITHINRUN2.jpg

It is inside the larger portion of the run. I built a moat around half of it with plastic fencing. I've got a 10x10 dog kennel too that they have access to as well.

GARDENWITHINRUN.jpg

Here's another picture of the moat.I've figured out a way of keeping them out of the garden and in the moat while still allowing me fairly easy access to the garden. The moat is about 3ft wide by 80ft long by 3ft high. There are some of the evil garden destroyers in the background!! The big black one is Broomhilda the confused roohen
MOAT.jpg

ETA--If you noticed that the beds only have 3 sides, that's because my run/garden is on a slope. This way the rain that runs down from the yard will run into the beds without washing them away.

Last edited:
hahaha nice story! Great pics of your garden. Bad chickens! I have a Queen hen that lets everyone know exactly where all the good stuff is. Dang it.

It's amazing how chickens teach us how to do our yards. I'm constantly changing things and plants because of THEM.
lol.png
And I'm still learning!!!
gig.gif
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom