One or two Polish

Tamma

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 2, 2012
Adkins, TX
HI! I have 3 red star 1 year old. I am going to get 3 more chicks (don't worry, I won't integrate them until the new ones are really big and they will be gradually introduced) I definitely want a polish. They are so cute I just have to have one. Anyway, I have been reading alot on here and some claim that polish get picked on because of their hairdo. Would it be best for 2 of my new chicks to be polish? Do you think that would help a little to prevent plucking? Thanks in advance.

Having more than 1 Polish won't stop the plucking, but it may spread the unwanted attention out enough to make it less of a problem.

Just a word of caution - the vaulted skull of the Polish makes their brains more vulnerable. It might be a good idea to keep the Polish away from your mature birds until the Polish are also fully mature.

Thank you. Yes, I do intend to keep the birds separate for at least 4 months. I think it's a good idea then to get 2 polish. They can share the abuse (if necessary) while they are learning to get along. Thanks for your input

Back
Top Bottom