One SERIOUSLY scary virus!!!!

the only other time I have heard of this is when the kids have a pneumonia........and you said they did x-rays (I am assuming chest x-rays as well.) and it is rare to have a pneumonia without some kind of resp. sympt.

Just glad he is on the upswing!

Did they prescribe any medications for him? I know virus's have to run their course but what was done for the impaction?

Yeah, his lungs were clear, thankfully.
smile.png
As for the impaction.....that scared me, I worked in a nursing home for a long time and know how serious that can be. They prescribed the most horrible laxative...ugh, can't remember the name and I am too lazy to go to the kitchen to see. It was a greenish liquid that smells a little like cream soda. According to him, it doesn't taste like it, however. LOL It actually took a couple of days for everything to soften/break loose and finish being expelled.

I am happy he is getting better! I had the flu twice last month. I am not saying this is your problem but I get similar symptoms when ingesting soy. Stomach shuts down. When it gets real bad it is like Bronchitis where I expectorate soy oil instead of flem and kidneys swell. Something to look out for if someone has stomach trouble. It isn't always a virus.

Quote:
Yikes!!! That sounds scary! We really don't eat a lot with soy....I cook most things from scratch.
smile.png
However, I will certainly watch for that among other things.

Ugh, wasn't finished and it posted by accident.

Yes, he is doing much better! He will be back in school tomorrow!!!
woot.gif
Unfortuantely I have to pull all three out early for dentist appointments.
sad.png

Last edited:
also-just thought of this.....we saw A LOT of Pavro in the last few months..........(it test dx/ed by a blood test and is viral) but worth knowing. This is different for the animal Parvo>>>

Back
Top Bottom