One side seems swollen

20% starter grower with niacin. Too much protein in waterfowl will cause angel wing.
this has been disproven by many members, i know a couple that feed 26% turkey/game starter
angel wing seems to be more of a genetic issue

Chick starter has a bit over 20% protein. It has grown considerably during last couple of days. Corn doesn't seem to be an issue, the only thing is, she doesn't really like it, at least not as much as she does the chick starter stuff and now oatmeal - she starts singing and hardly ever stops eating. She does the same when I pick something that has bugs hiding under and she starts picking them one by one. Chirp chirp chirp chiiiirp! :D

I also give her brewer's yeast on a daily basis. Her legs and bill are getting huge :)
brewers yeast is great and 20% protein is fine, give grit separate from feed but it probably wont need it because it will be eating pebbles while out free ranging
no more corn, corn is basically like feeding it pure sugar-unnecessary and unneeded

Otherwise it looks fine, just a full crop
take a look in the morning and make sure it is empty, this just makes sure that it is functioning properly

Ducks do not have the same Crop as a Chicken... :oops:
@chickens really They *do* have crops, it's just a different shape, but trust me, they have them. :D They look like the one on the left:
crop.jpg

Edited to add: pigeons have the funny double looking one.

Ducktown, you got it from some of the smartest peeps I know, (except me) that was a lucky guess. You have a healthy happy quacker. Just no corn.

Back
Top Bottom