One Spoiled Rooster

Critter Crazed

Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
I think I've officially spoiled my rooster rotten. I hold my rooster a lot and snuggle with him almost everyday.

I let him and the girls outside this morning and I was inside the house when I heard my rooster, Colonel, screaming his head off. I run outside and I see a wild cat. I shoo the thing away and Colonel gets in it's path so he freaks out because he thinks the cat is chasing him. Haha! Poor guy. When the cat's gone, Colonel runs up to me, I pick him up and herd the girls back into the run. I set him down with the girls and he starts screaming again! So, I pick the silly guy back up and he stops. I tell him it's okay! The kitty's gone! I put him back down and he starts screaming again. So I pick him back up, he stops... set him back down, he screams.. this continues for a little while until finally I got fed up and I picked him up and brought him inside with me!!

He was very content with himself, and he stayed in my arms the entire time he was inside! In fact, he didn't want to leave my arms!
Just like this:
31095_401099631358_649366358_4446387_2775617_n.jpg

Well, I knew someone would catch me with a rooster inside the house and I'd get in trouble so I brought him back outside. I put him down.. He starts screaming again! I had to leave him, I can't hug a rooster all day long! He stopped after about 5-10 mins.

Hahaha how sweet is that?! Silly little man! Colonel's a bantam cochin rooster, by the way. He's like a dog to me! Well, just thought I'd share this cute story with you guys. Thanks for listening!

This is a picture of him outside
28392_392011306358_649366358_4219759_7902668_n.jpg

And here he is sitting on my knee in their run!
25163_378559421358_649366358_3892759_387608_n.jpg

Last edited:
That is sooo cute! He is a gorgeous cochin! He looks so content on your knee.
love.gif
Mine love my lap, but so far nobody is anxious to be held (8 weeks old).

Just took a look at your web page...gorgeous photos of your roos progression. My blue cochin chick is a splash too. She looks like your roo when he was young, but she will not turn into such a gorgeous beast like you have!

Last edited:
Awww thanks!
big_smile.png
He didn't like being held much when we was little either. Only at night. But I can pretty much pick him up whenever he's in the coop now. But when he's out free ranging it's not an option! Lol

Thanks about the comment about my page! I love taking pictures. Glad you like them.
smile.png
Oh, I'm sure your cochin will grow up to be a gorgeous lady! Do you have pictures of her?

Back
Top Bottom