One week from today

columbiacritter

Songster
11 Years
Jun 7, 2008
Scappoose Oregon
sigh.... one week form today my new fuzzies should finally be here. It's soooooo long to wait.........
sad.png

Sit on your hands... Look at chick pictures... Sit on you hands some more... Get the brooder ready... Look at more chick pictures... Sit on your hands- And of course get really excited as they are almost here.

What ever you do DON'T buy more chicks
wink.png
Because then when they do come you will be over run with chicks! I did a lot of this last year and now that I have an incubator I have to hide it so I don't keep touching it or opening the lid to listen and see if any are pipping. Terribly hard for kids and I swear even harder as a mom with three asking when the chicks/ducklings will be here.

I love these kinds of posts!!! I'm putting eggs in the incubator for the first time on April 1. I don't know how I'll make it for the 21 days I'll have to wait after that!!!! Already have the incubator set up in my home office and the brooder ready to go in the basement - and I'm still 3 weeks away from eggs!
tongue.png

We already have the 1st dozen we hatched in one brooder in the basement. The DH is holding off on putting more eggs in the bator until they are outside since I have 25 coming from Ideal and they will fill up the other brooder. Lucky for my there isn't any TSC any where near here and my local feedstore didn't get in the turley poults they were expecting by the time I stopped by yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom