One week off on hatch, hatching on turners HELP!!!!! Stuck and some bl

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by robbdebbie, Oct 1, 2009.

1. robbdebbie

robbdebbie Professional Chicken Bather

Jun 18, 2009
    Madisonville, LA
    Okay, so I put the wrong week on my hatch on the calendar. When I was looking in there tonight 3 are pipped and one hatching. I had to move them to my hatcher because I have other eggs in there that are only a week along.

I got them moved over and I could see blood on the one that had zipped. What should I do??????????????????????????????????

I upped the humidity, and I moistened the zipped one and he popped out. There is blood all over him though. I am so sad and confused, and I feel TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I do? Let them try and hatch on their own or do I need to wet them.

Thank you

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I would keep the incubator closed to keep humidity up an give them a chance to hatch on there own.

3. happi752

happi752 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    take a sponge and wet it good, pop in the microwave to get it good and hot and toss in the bator quickly, humidity will come up instantly. then DONT open it again til they all hatch out. the one that has blood all over it, says it pipped through a blood vein. it should be okay if blood loss is not too much. just leave it in the bator to rest. if it makes it 24 hours, the blood will regenerate itself and it will be fine.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by