One week old turkey pole crying

Urchickchic

Songster
6 Years
Apr 7, 2017
I have three turkey Poults to I hatched and am brooding with seven chicks hatched same time. they’ve all been eating and drinking however one is smaller than the other two and appears in distress peeping uncontrollably. No pasty butt, no outward appearance of any injuries . I’ve seen them Eating and drinking with the other Poults. Any idea what I should do? I don’t want to lose him.

I had 2 poults that would peep and looked stressed. I would give them one on one time a couple times a day. Hold them close, talk to them, let them sleep or whatever calmed them down. Now they are just as rowdy as the rest. Here’s one wrapped in paper towels and asleep in the trash can. I was filthy from working outside and needed a shower. Poult slept the entire time.

Attachments

• C2B60042-D401-420A-9C22-8B30E277CFF4.jpeg
    C2B60042-D401-420A-9C22-8B30E277CFF4.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 13
Adorable! I’m thinking the one isn’t eating enough. I made him a scrambled egg—he ate a bit, was quiet then peeping again. Put him back in the brooder he snuggled under the eco glow and was quiet. I’ll repeat the feedings today and we’ll see what happens.

I had 2 poults that would peep and looked stressed. I would give them one on one time a couple times a day. Hold them close, talk to them, let them sleep or whatever calmed them down. Now they are just as rowdy as the rest. Here’s one wrapped in paper towels and asleep in the trash can. I was filthy from working outside and needed a shower. Poult slept the entire time.
One in my sleeve of the shirt I was wearing and working in
Well I just found my new favorite pictures of the week! That's just so stinking cute! :)

Back
Top Bottom