One week old turkey pole crying

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Urchickchic, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Urchickchic

Urchickchic Songster

Apr 7, 2017
    I have three turkey Poults to I hatched and am brooding with seven chicks hatched same time. they’ve all been eating and drinking however one is smaller than the other two and appears in distress peeping uncontrollably. No pasty butt, no outward appearance of any injuries . I’ve seen them Eating and drinking with the other Poults. Any idea what I should do? I don’t want to lose him.

2. Urchickchic

Urchickchic Songster

Apr 7, 2017
    Pardon my spelling Siri does not do voice text well and I’ve got an arm in a sling

Ptera likes this.
  3. PeacockNFlight

PeacockNFlight In the Brooder

Jun 8, 2019
    Southeast New Mexico
    I had 2 poults that would peep and looked stressed. I would give them one on one time a couple times a day. Hold them close, talk to them, let them sleep or whatever calmed them down. Now they are just as rowdy as the rest. Here’s one wrapped in paper towels and asleep in the trash can. I was filthy from working outside and needed a shower. Poult slept the entire time.

Attached Files:

Trimurtisan likes this.
  4. PeacockNFlight

PeacockNFlight In the Brooder

Jun 8, 2019
    Southeast New Mexico
    One in my sleeve of the shirt I was wearing and working in

Attached Files:

Trimurtisan likes this.
  5. Urchickchic

Urchickchic Songster

Apr 7, 2017
    Adorable! I’m thinking the one isn’t eating enough. I made him a scrambled egg—he ate a bit, was quiet then peeping again. Put him back in the brooder he snuggled under the eco glow and was quiet. I’ll repeat the feedings today and we’ll see what happens.

6. Trimurtisan

Trimurtisan Team flappy foot

May 22, 2019
    A cypress swamp in FL
    Well I just found my new favorite pictures of the week! That's just so stinking cute! :)

7. Urchickchic

Urchickchic Songster

Apr 7, 2017
    Update— tiny Tim, my wee turkey poult, is doing well. He’s eating drinking and growing! Still peeps a lot but he’s doing well!

casportpony and PeacockNFlight like this.
  8. casportpony

casportpony Enlightened

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    That's great news, thanks for the update!

R2elk likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: