1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

One week over due

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by parklandchicks, Feb 24, 2014.

1. parklandchicks

parklandchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2014
    Parkland County, Ab
    We are having a hard time giving up on our eggs. They have been set for 26 days we saw certain development up to lock down. During lockdown we did not see eggs rocking or get a pip. My husband did the float test this morning, there was no air bubbles coming from the egg, my husband thinks he saw some movement but nothing definate. https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6176180/width/350/height/700[/
    I would appreciate any advice, I'm thinking its time to admit defeat and try it all over again

2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Give it a couple of more days. You probably won't get a lot hatching, but maybe a few. We let ours go a full week past due before we start thinking about giving up.

3. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012
    Yep a couple of more days may make all the difference between just an everyday rotten egg and a rotten egg that explores inside of your incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by