onegoldhen says hi

onegoldhen

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 28, 2011
My 4-H kid and I are new to site. We live in N. California. Will answer as below

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? 2 years ago but that group got eaten. This group this past year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 3 bantys, 1 rooster, 3 mixed hens

(3) What breeds do you have? Barred Rock rooster and Hen. BB Red Modern Banty, Cochin modern Banty. 2 reds. OR something like that. My eyes cross when I try match my chickens with the pictures of breeds. Some breed look alike.

4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Frustration with understanding behaviour. I am going to be posting on the breeding behavior chicken site. I think we have a brooding banty. A now deceased amorous young rooster and she may be surprising us.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Backyard farm'in (my 10 year old son likes to wrestle with his friend)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 2 kids 10 and 8. One husband. One terrier. One cat. 3 fish.

I love edit buttons. I go fast when I post. I will upgrade my posts as I re read with responses. I AM GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE. AT WORK I HAVE TO MAKE SURE I DON'T TALK ABOUT MY CHICKENS TOO MUCH.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from NW PA!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom