Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Best to rest that back.

Once I burn through some of the fabrics I have I will check out thousands of bolts.

There are so many great quilt patterns out there deciding what to try next is a challenge.

My best site for quilt blocks is www.quilterscache.com. They have a lot of information in the drop down menu, patterns plus charts and guides that are very useful.

In progress, the first quilt from the Morning Serenade rooster panels.
DSC02412.JPG

Those colors suit the motif perfectly! It is coming along beautifully!!

Thanks!

I decided to pull out my spool of bright white Mettler polyester thread and try to quilt the 3D Blooper quilt again. So far, no thread issues I was having at the beginning, but if it happens again, I have a new spool of super light ice blue IsaCord thread that is the best on the market and should look fine on the grays, blacks and whites.
DSC02418.JPG

I got mine done! Just need to bind it. I practiced all kinds of things....ruler work, loopy meander, all different swirls. It's the first time I tried anything but a simple meander on Lillian. I got lost many times and couldn't see where I had quilted because the thread blended so well. Overall I am pleased, but this won't be offered for sale. I am not anywhere near that point yet. It will be for the sofa for winter.
8-26illusion.jpg
illusion.jpg

Beautiful, Terrie! Don't you hate when you can't see where you're going? Hey, I sell my stuff and you can sell yours, too, right now, the way it is. Let go of your perfectionism! It's handmade and has all the nuances and quirks of that craft, which is what people should want. If anyone thinks that mass produced stuff is perfectly made, they really ought to take a closer look at it. After seeing how that is stitched together and the mistakes made on substandard materials, I was perfectly fine selling my quilts and you should be, too. Nothing is wrong with that quilt, Terrie. At least you didn't have to rip yours out and start over with a new arrangment! HA!

Back
Top Bottom