Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

That is a good price. And you're brave to do a grandmother's flower garden. It intimidates me.

It is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. It's tedious as all get out but kind of fun. That pink is really not showing well. It is HOT pink lol.
The precut papers are pricy for a whole quilt. Doing the glue pen adds a lot of cost too. I ended up getting index cards, cutting carefully and thread basting. Oh and I made templates from an old plastic binder. It's working well.

I will hand sew the flowers onto a background since doing the entire thing in hexagons is more than I want to do. :p

I really have learned a ton from reading this thread. Ya'll are a really great resource for me.
I thank you all for that.
:love

After days of trying to recover from back pain (which isn't entirely gone yet), I am getting back to what I love. I began quilting my 3D Blooper quilt in concentric circles and pebbles. I chose the round shapes because of the squareness of the quilt blocks, to contrast with them.

And I have decided on a start to a rooster quilt using the beautiful Morning Serenade panels- this block will be made using one of the 10" rooster squares for its center. Fabrics #1 and #2 were in my own stash, and #3 is out of the lovely gift box sent by my friend, Karen, in Florida. That will be the starting block of the quilt, measuring 30", though I'm not sure how big the quilt will be. I was going to make a lap quilt, but may make it more of a daybed size, not sure yet. I pretty much design as I go on most projects.
DSC02358.JPG

I've been waiting to find a project in which to use that green fabric, which veers slightly toward blue tones. This is perfect! It matches the blue-green in the panels!
DSC02356.JPG

After days of trying to recover from back pain (which isn't entirely gone yet), I am getting back to what I love. I began quilting my 3D Blooper quilt in concentric circles and pebbles. I chose the round shapes because of the squareness of the quilt blocks, to contrast with them.

And I have decided on a start to a rooster quilt using the beautiful Morning Serenade panels- this block will be made using one of the 10" rooster squares for its center. Fabrics #1 and #2 were in my own stash, and #3 is out of the lovely gift box sent by my friend, Karen, in Florida. That will be the starting block of the quilt, measuring 30", though I'm not sure how big the quilt will be. I was going to make a lap quilt, but may make it more of a daybed size, not sure yet. I pretty much design as I go on most projects.
View attachment 1499078

I've been waiting to find a project in which to use that green fabric, which veers slightly toward blue tones. This is perfect! It matches the blue-green in the panels! View attachment 1499079

I really love those colors together. That rooster quilt will be gorgeous!

The circles are a really nice contrast to the squares in the quilt. Nice choice!

I really love those colors together. That rooster quilt will be gorgeous!

The circles are a really nice contrast to the squares in the quilt. Nice choice!

Thanks! I am having a bit of trouble with that super white fabric in the stripes on the back, which I did not anticipate. It has an almost rubbery feel to it, though it is supposedly 100% cotton. It even sticks on the slider I'm using on the bed of the machine. I have never used that fabric on the back of a quilt and it just did not occur to me that it would be problematic. The pitfalls of buying online-you can't feel the fabric. It's not a bad fabric, but it's just odd.

Thanks! I am having a bit of trouble with that super white fabric in the stripes on the back, which I did not anticipate. It has an almost rubbery feel to it, though it is supposedly 100% cotton. It even sticks on the slider I'm using on the bed of the machine. I have never used that fabric on the back of a quilt and it just did not occur to me that it would be problematic. The pitfalls of buying online-you can't feel the fabric. It's not a bad fabric, but it's just odd.

Good to know about not being able to feel the fabric causing problems.
It is one thing that scares me off of online fabric. I HAVE to touch and see in person.

I really like how it's turning out though. :love

Good to know about not being able to feel the fabric causing problems.
It is one thing that scares me off of online fabric. I HAVE to touch and see in person.

I really like how it's turning out though. :love

99.9% of the time, I can count on Thousands of Bolts to come through with superior fabric. Even this one is not a bad one, just doesn't slide like most cottons do. I had one quilt back, a red one, fade very badly when I pre-washed it, and not just fade, but do it in awful, ugly streaks, probably just a fluke. That one, I got a refund for. But, they don't sell substandard fabrics so I do highly recommend them!

99.9% of the time, I can count on Thousands of Bolts to come through with superior fabric. Even this one is not a bad one, just doesn't slide like most cottons do. I had one quilt back, a red one, fade very badly when I pre-washed it, and not just fade, but do it in awful, ugly streaks, probably just a fluke. That one, I got a refund for. But, they don't sell substandard fabrics so I do highly recommend them!

I am not fond of precuts this week. I started a quilt top using the 2.5" strips. Well lets just say they are a pain for me.
Not being able to prewash them has me worried a bit too.
Good to know it was a fluke with the red fabric. Really good to find out in prewash!

I have 6 more blocks then it's on to borders.

I look forward to how that rooster quilt turns out.

I am not fond of precuts this week. I started a quilt top using the 2.5" strips. Well lets just say they are a pain for me.
Not being able to prewash them has me worried a bit too.
Good to know it was a fluke with the red fabric. Really good to find out in prewash!

I have 6 more blocks then it's on to borders.

I look forward to how that rooster quilt turns out.

Yeah, you cannot wash pre-cuts. I only wash my reds now, or if something looks extremely overdyed like a Batik, I will wash that. But, since so many folks are making quilts with pre-cuts now, I figured that you cannot wash those or they'd shred into nothing, so why wash my fabrics unless there is some specific reason for it?

That little amount of quilting this morning has my back hurting worse so I have to wait until tomorrow to continue. Geez. All I did was lay in the bed overnight and into the next day because of a lingering headache and that stupid mattress just killed my back.

Back
Top Bottom