Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
I like my mug mats!

Glad you'll have a way to use up the fabric.

Here is the latest acquisition. I think I'm up to speed now on my purples and greens for awhile. And on the far right bottom is one I'll use on the remake of the center blocks of my 3D quilt. This adds to some I got last time in golds/browns, plus more greens and purples.

Last edited:
Nice colors Cyn! The 2 greens on the far left are extra nice
thumbsup.gif

I'm a pushover for greens. Or reds. Or blues. Or anything paisley. Or bird prints. Or...(fill in the blank).

I'm glad to hear you got a refund, Cyn. I guess getting the company to admit the dye job on your fabric was a mess was asking a bit too much, but at least they refunded you.

Love the new fabrics! Heaven help me if I ever go near that place and start shopping… They have WAY too many lovely fabrics on there. WAY WAY WAY too many! lol

Just checking up on Cyn's latest projects
Love the geometric gray and red.
I also hate having to rip and reset when center blocks must be really sharp alignments.
Sorry to hear about the red fabric for the backing, but glad you got a refund.

Have made two big orders from Thousandsofbolts and will have a few projects in the works.
Funny that I also stocked up on greens and lilacs.

Just checking up on Cyn's latest projects
Love the geometric gray and red.
I also hate having to rip and reset when center blocks must be really sharp alignments.
Sorry to hear about the red fabric for the backing, but glad you got a refund.

Have made two big orders from Thousandsofbolts and will have a few projects in the works.
Funny that I also stocked up on greens and lilacs.

Kathryn, always a pleasure when you stop by! I remade the four center blocks and I still cannot get them to meet up perfectly. Seems simple, cut carefully, sew with 1/4 seam allowance and still, they are making a fool out of me! It was giving me a complete headache so I let them be slightly imperfect. Lesson learned-I can't do anything that has to be that precise!

Here she is with the center four assembled, plus a couple of the others on the sides done....I will have extras to make it like an attic windows so nothing has to go together perfectly! The blocks just have to be the same overall size. And the purple blocks, I had already cut pieces that were stored in a ziplock bag with the pattern so I started putting those together. They are l left from a different project years ago, I think.
This really needs to be flipped around so the darker blocks at the top are on the bottom. At least, in my mind, darker on bottom makes a kind of sense. I don't even know what this is! Lap quilt? Bed topper? Wall hanging?

Last edited:
All it takes is one or two threads over or under the 1/4 seam to be off by a 1/16 of an inch on a block with multiple strips or pieces.
Even when I set a tape band for a guide for the seams, invariably I'm off.

On Log Cabin blocks, I've learned to pin the seam lines and make minor adjustments with each small section. I don't get along well with my seam ripper.

Your quilts are very inspiring.

All it takes is one or two threads over or under the 1/4 seam to be off by a 1/16 of an inch on a block with multiple strips or pieces.

On Log Cabin blocks, I've learned to pin the seam lines and make minor adjustments with each small section. I don't get along well with my seam ripper.

Thanks, Kathryn. I think it would not be so bad if four blocks weren't coming together on their red squares right in the middle. If those are off, they show more than the other colors. I don't have the fabric to keep remaking the same blocks over and over so my perfectionist self will have to settle for a nice overall effect, LOL.

Thanks, Kathryn. I think it would not be so bad if four blocks weren't coming together on their red squares right in the middle. If those are off, they show more than the other colors. I don't have the fabric to keep remaking the same blocks over and over so my perfectionist self will have to settle for a nice overall effect, LOL.

I agree...I've done it too. The overall effect is wonderful and the eye doesn't focus on tiny imperfections. They are proof the quilt is a handmade treasure.

Back
Top Bottom