Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

I went to the quilt shop in a nearby town because they were having an arts & crafts show my husband wanted to attend and looked for cones of Aurifil or Gutermann. No luck. They had Signature 100% Cotton, Maxi Lock Serger thread, Perma Core (similar to Maxi lock), Signature cotton and Filtec Glide, but only small spools of all the other brands.

I got a 5500 yd cone of the Glide and a 3000 yd cone of Signature and will try them both to see what does best on the machine. I know I spent quilt shop prices and can get them cheaper online, which I will in the future. Actually, unless one is just spectacular, I'll be looking for the Aurifil cones. Here is what I got to do the quilt that has soft golds, beiges, browns and sage greens, or one of them, not sure which I'll use yet. The Glide is a pretty gold with some sheen and the Signature is a goldish-beige with no sheen.

ETA: Wow, just wow! I was using an old spool of Gutermann cotton thread and it began to shred. I removed it, replaced the nearly new needle with one of my new titanium ones and socked in a bobbin and the cone of the Glide polyester thread. What a difference! It was really gliding, like skating on glass, smooth as silk! I love the color and I don't mind the sheen it has, either. My Janome loves it, apparently!

Forgot the picture, darn it.
DSC01942.JPG

Trying to get used to my new machine over the course of this quilt. It's going to be mine anyway. The extension table corners really were hanging me up when I first started, need my drop-in table for this Janome 7700, maybe more than my Brother machine. The motifs are too small and contained for this size quilt, but the table would grab and kept me from "swooping" big over the surface, made me lose control many times, but I'm getting better at keeping it from hanging up on the back right and front left corners of the table edge. Anyway, I'm just doing random stuff over the quilt to get used to my machine, maybe try some new designs I have not done much yet.
This is the Glide thread in "Sand", very pretty gold-ish color with a sheen. It almost looks metallic to me, but no
DSC01978.JPG
DSC01980.JPG

Almost there...need to finish the last side of the round I'm on, plus the star blocks of the pillow tuck and it's ready to bind. Sure would be nice to have the drop-in table so the quilt doesn't catch on the corners of the extension table and mess up my flow along with my quilting.
DSC02096.JPG
DSC02097.JPG

Love that! Are you doing the quilt along with Angela Walters? I can't wrap my head around the feathers and I want to do them so badly!

Not doing the actual quilt-along, but I have learned a lot watching her do feathers of all kinds, as well as Leah Day's feather tutorials. I love paisley and paisley feathers.

I just encountered Angie Rapids on my Janome Facebook group! Small world!

Trying to get used to my new machine over the course of this quilt. It's going to be mine anyway. The extension table corners really were hanging me up when I first started, need my drop-in table for this Janome 7700, maybe more than my Brother machine. The motifs are too small and contained for this size quilt, but the table would grab and kept me from "swooping" big over the surface, made me lose control many times, but I'm getting better at keeping it from hanging up on the back right and front left corners of the table edge. Anyway, I'm just doing random stuff over the quilt to get used to my machine, maybe try some new designs I have not done much yet.
This is the Glide thread in "Sand", very pretty gold-ish color with a sheen. It almost looks metallic to me, but no View attachment 1410543 View attachment 1410544

This is gorgeous!

Someday I will get back to my sewing machine.
Gardening season messed me up!

Back
Top Bottom