Ongoing respiratory issues

Tonnan

Hatching
Mar 13, 2021
Looking for advice. I’ve read several posts on respiratory infections but not sure.
I have a flock of 8. One hen is 4 yrs old and has been up and down for about a year. She has a dirty bum usually and occasionally sneezes and coughs especially when upset. I have wormed her, used VetRx and herbs, probiotics. None of the others have gotten it so I’m assuming not contagious. Should I try antibiotics? I use pine shavings and have recently read where they can cause respiratory issues.
thank you!

Pine shavings are what most use, and I recommend those. Cedar shavings are not good because of strong fumes. Is the bedding soiled or damp? How is your air circulation inside your coop? Any mold or ammonia odors? If no other birds have shown symptoms, she may have a problem with something in the environment.

Pine shavings are what most use, and I recommend those. Cedar shavings are not good because of strong fumes. Is the bedding soiled or damp? How is your air circulation inside your coop? Any mold or ammonia odors? If no other birds have shown symptoms, she may have a problem with something in the environment.
Thank you. I’m going to bring her into the house...again and see if it goes away.

Back
Top Bottom