Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do your free range flock sleep? Do they get light there? Maybe they get more protein free ranging? Deb

I use to free range my chickens,but it was to much work, roping and branding and turning them out on the range.

Hi Coach!
big_smile.png
Hope all is well.with you. Happy New Year.

Oh my, it was really awful not having BYC yesterday! I ironed clothes, washed eating eggs, packed eggs, did laundry and cleaned coops.went to the post office, finished the bottom on the goat shed to coop conversion , cut a hole for the nest box, cut a hole in another shelter as a pop hole so I can close the window if it gets cold.
th.gif
If that kept up I would probably work myself to death!

We can't seem to get any snow here in Northern KY. My daughter came up here from Houston for the Holidays hoping to see some snow. She will be leaving in about 9 days and she probably won't see snow until she's heading down I-65 into TN.
roll.png

No snow in this part of TN, thank goodness! But it is supposed to get colder. Today I mailed three more boxes of eggs. Stapled the wire onto one of the panels for the new run, attached the door, and put wire inside and out on it.Put the panel on top of the mule and drove it down to the job site. I also sold four chickens! Looking forward to the chicken sale this weekend. Lots of roosters to sell. Oh, and yesterday I sold my old flock of Buckeye hens! Replaced them with four young pullets, and got 2 eggs today! I am so bummed out that I had posting photos figured out and now I am screwed up again
he.gif
Went to town and bought more feed again. I need to get more chicken wire too.

Another cold and dreary day. Went to Jackson since it was too cold to do anything outside. Bought more feed again! Got my wire and some plywood. My goat Nina still has not kidded. Tonight i turned a heat lamp on in the goat barn, just in case. And i put two concrete blocks in front of the large door and left open only their pop door.
I am so frustrated trying to post auctions on here. It is a struggle posting pictures, and i used to just repost previous auctions in a snap. Now i post and repost and it is chewing up my time.ugh.
barnie.gif

I'm just looking around on the site. I don't know if it is just new but it seems harder to use. It's super cold here and last night the wind was blowing hard. Not all of my pens where covered good ,but they are now. Everybody seems to be fine.

This should be my posting milestone, if I can get it to post. My phone browser is not compatible. I am so bummed. Yes, I am whining. What am I going to do? IDK:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom