Only 1 chick hatched three incubations in a row

Actually yes, on Amazon there are a few reviews that mention losing batches after a degree of development. This incubator was a gift, not one I researched myself before purchases.

Where would be the best place to add some ventilation? I don’t mind modding it with risk of damaging it. Its not doing me much good as it is.

Humidity and heat go up so you would want to put it at the top somewhere. I would tinker with it a bit and add one hole then test out the incubator then add another.

I was just reading the reviews too. Seems like some lost them due to temperature.

I have numerous holes on the top of mine and I don't close any of them during incubation

IMG_20191014_133526.jpg

I see now that there are small vent holes on the top (4 holes) and this must be where the unit is supposed to vent from.

When I was gifted with the unit I read about the issues with temperature control so I made sure the calibrate the unit’s thermometer. It seems to reasonably hold a stable temperature at standard room temps.

Attachments

• AC518A23-7BD0-49D7-8D00-6FAB0B3420E4.jpeg
    AC518A23-7BD0-49D7-8D00-6FAB0B3420E4.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 4
Yes the incubator is plastic. I have a couple of eggs in it left from a brooding hen who didn’t wait for them to hatch. After they’ve had time to hatch and my incubator frees up, I’ll make the modifications. Based on the incubator designs I’ve studied since this thread, I’m all the more convinced this incubator was designed with poor ventilation and that would be the likely reason for the bad experiences mentioned in the Amazon reviews across the various Janoel 10 clones.

Back
Top Bottom