Only 1 has hatched and no other pips

CrazyChickLady64

Songster
Nov 5, 2023
Sulphur Springs Texas
Hello all, this is my third hatch I am technically still on day 20 at 7:30 am will be 21 this evening at 5:30 pm. I have 9 in the incubator one has hatched but none of the others have even pipped. Is this something I should be concerned about? Has anyone else had something like this happen. When I candled them they were all good with one questionable. Thanks for any advice

The one apparently came a bit early. Assuming these are regular chicken eggs, they take a full 21 days but sometimes longer depending on many factors as to temp being slightly low or excess opening the incubator for lengths of time during the hatch.

I always wait until 3 days after their due date before I candle again looking for movement, and finding none, toss them. I've only had one come a couple days late.

Hoping you have a great hatch!!

I would keep waiting. My hen hatched one of her babies a full 24 hours before the others started.

The one apparently came a bit early. Assuming these are regular chicken eggs, they take a full 21 days but sometimes longer depending on many factors as to temp being slightly low or excess opening the incubator for lengths of time during the hatch.

I always wait until 3 days after their due date before I candle again looking for movement, and finding none, toss them. I've only had one come a couple days late.

Hoping you have a great hatch!!
I only opened the bater 3 times to check growth the last time was on day 17 and all looked good with one questionable. I am nervous hoping I get at least 2 more as I don't want this baby to be an only.

Attachments

• IMG_20240120_121828130.jpg
    IMG_20240120_121828130.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 3
I only opened the bater 3 times to check growth the last time was on day 17 and all looked good with one questionable. I am nervous hoping I get at least 2 more as I don't want this baby to be an only.
That's about the norm I think for most peeps. I just mentioned it as some people candle daily taking pictures of each egg, and then wonder why their chicks are a day late. :)

That's such a cutie! I think it should have friends soon!

Back
Top Bottom