1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ONLY been 2 weeks and look what happened?!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mmtillman, Apr 12, 2009.

1. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Our little fuzzy butts began growing sooooo fast and flying ??!!!! [​IMG] and it was obvious they werent gonna be able to stay in that little brooder that seemed so big a week ago.... [​IMG]
    soooo...this is what we had to do yesterday :

[​IMG]

....fortunately we had the coop done, so we just took a 4x4 corner and made a temporary brooder pen for them!! Now they are all acting like big chickens !! [​IMG] I go out and sit in the middle of them and I am in awe of how big they are getting and how fast they are growing ?!!!
    Next thing will be letting them venture out in the run!! I feel like a mother to teenagers!! [​IMG]

2. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I feel the same way! Between the chicks who are just growing so darn quickly and the ducks who are full grown and are not quite 4 weeks old yet, I feel like an old mother hen!!

They grow up way too fast! Enjoy them while they're little!

Laurie

3. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    Mary Ann, i can't keep mine in the bathtub. i was going to put them out today, but storms are coming and i didn't want them to freak out, so they will have free range of the downstairs bath, plus i want to keep them with me for a little bit longer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by