Oooh, I'm excited! (UPDATED w/pics - 2nd pg.)

HuestisFarm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Fly Creek, NY
So, my BIL called me tonight & said that his neighbor is selling ALL of his flock!! I guess he's getting out of the chicken business! They're all very well taken care of & that's all I could ask for. Lucky us to have some family influence... the guy was going to post an ad in the paper tomorrow & since we jumped right on it, we've got 'em!!

I'm SO excited!! I know he has a least two Silkies & some Speckled Sussex & a few Ameracaunas! The only problem is that he has over 30 & he's selling them as a whole, so we can't pick & choose. But, I guess we can't be too picky as this point & time. We're going to go pick them up tomorrow. So be expecting lots o' piccies of our new chickies soon!!

And this also gives my hubby even more incentive to hurry up & get our coop done!
clap.gif

yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Wow that is great!!! Maybe someone on here lives close enough that could go in with you if you don't want all of them.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

jackie

WOW how wonderful! COngrats on catching that before he listed it in the paper. Flocks sure do seem to go quickly. How old are they all? Can't wait to see pics. Are you going to post them here? Or start a new thread? I want to subscribe if your going to post here.

Thanks, everyone. I'm sooo excited... tomorrow can't come fast enough!!

I will be posting them here! So, subscribe away, HWMP! As far as I know, they're all hens of laying age, but I'll be asking him.

And if there are any that we'd like to part with, I'll certainly be posting on BYC first!
wink.png

Last edited:
I expected a poem when I opened this thread...

I'm so excited,
And I just can't hide it,
I'm about
to lose control.
I think
I like it.

I should write songs dontcha think?

Oooh weee!

Back
Top Bottom