Oooh look what I found! Think this will work?

Quote:
Rosy, do you think she's using the DLM for her kids? :-D

Most likely she's using it for her kids. Man, how much mess can her kids make! It's really cute! If it's made from wood, how hard can it be to keep clean? I'll have to look at it again.

Not yet Smitty! I'm going to go to Lowes this weekend and see if I can check it out. I also need to do some measuring in my yard and see how much space I have...I'll keep you posted!

just got todays lowes flyer. play house kit#263210 is special value was 399. now 299. TEXAS area flyer.

might check your area and see if the price also dropped on the bellamy.

Last edited:
okay. i would never buy something like this. so you NEED TO BUY IT so i can live vicariously through you.
cool.png

I bought the playhouse yesterday at my Lowe's on Sale for $199, plus the man gave me an extra 10% off. This playhouse does not have a floor, so I am going to put in a floor (really my husband) that can be removed if needed for cleaning. I also want my husband to add some 4x4 feet underneath it. I also want to have windows cut out and need a nest box added to the back. The one on display in my store seemed to be solidly constructed.

A previous post on this thread mentioned a removable pan for the bottom. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Would it be okay to do the Deep litter method over say a plywood or similar type wood floor, could I cover the wood with the heavy plastic from Walmart?

Last edited:
Mattsmomma,
I would post your own thread. Someone knows the answer to your question and may never see if here...

Congrats on the playhouse. Wish I had snatched up that deal!

I have this playhouse, in the other style that's blue. Also got it form Lowes for $199. It's WONDERFUL. I built a very solid floor out of 2x4s and 3/4" plywood, put it up on cinder blocks, and attached the house to it. The sides are 1/2" and quite sturdy. The frame is 2x2s. The house itself, once built and on a floor, is VERY sturdy and I'm amazed how warm it is inside. I have no problem walking around in there, but I'm 5'4". My son is 5'11" and he was in there, too, no problem. Not that I'll be in it too much; it would be very easy to fluff up the shavings from the doorway.

I stapled a tarp down before I put the shingles on the roof. You could just as easily do roof paper. I plan to insulate the walls a bit more with 1/2 plywood on 3 walls. That's also what I used for my nest box, which is on the outside. So my nest box is attached to the regular wall and 1/2 plywood on the inside of the coop. It's very sturdy.

My coop is for 5 hens. I was going to have 4, but I think 5 will be fine in it since they will also have an attached run that's 16x4 and their door will always be open. Anyway, I'm really excited about all this, it's my first flock! I get my girls in May.

Back
Top Bottom