OOOH POOOOP! - Icelandics

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Cindyv10, May 31, 2010.

1. Cindyv10

Cindyv10 New Egg

May 24, 2010
    I've been so busy this week HATCHING MY ICELANDICS that I haven't been online and didn't see this contest! [​IMG] I posted 5/24 about my brother bringing me some eggs (2nd and 3rd generation from Lyle Behl's original 11) looking for anyone who may be able to sell me some or do a swap to expand my little gene pool! I'm so bummed!

In case anyone saw my original post, out of the 21 he brought, I candled and found 7 that were duds. The remaining 14 started hatching in the 27th, the 11th one hatched yesterday (5/30) and I'm waiting to see if the last 3 do anything. 21 eggs taking an 8+ hour trip from Maine after having incubated over 2 weeks and still hatching 11, I'm thrilled. [​IMG] If I could be added to your list waiting for Icelandic hatching eggs, I would be ecstatic. PLEEEASE?!

Cindy in CT
  2. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Congratulations on your hatch. I sure hope the eggs I am sending tomorrow do well. Right now I just have one hen laying. We lost our other hen to a hawk attack as she was recovering from internal laying. My oldest babies are about 2.5 months old so it will still be awhile before I have more layers. I usually get 5-6 eggs a week from Lukka. I am also planning to sell a couple of pairs at least, with the proceeds going to the Preservation group in Iceland. I am just waiting until I can tell the boys from the girls. I don't want to ship when the weather is too hot so I better hurry up. Maybe tomorrow I can chase the older group around and leg band them. I better get to sleep. Those guys are fast!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by