Oooo! New Silkie hatchlings!

OMG they are soooo cute. I think i am addicted to silkies. I got my first silkie egg yesterday and its just as cute as the silkies are
love.gif

No! Absolutely no buff birds (or any 'colored' birds) in my breeding pens --- just blacks, whites, grays, and combinations of those.

If there is a squirrelly color, it must be from the white roo over the blue / splash hens. Sorry for that.
But GOSH they are cute!
I can't keep a decent blue roo (to save my life) to put with the blue / splash hens so they are with the white roo (and he makes nice chicks), but I don't know what would give buff-ish chicks??? Can't wait to see how they feather out.
Thanks for the pics
smile.png

Cyn, I remember when you weren't a fan of 'muffed and bearded' birds
wink.png

They are pretty swell now, huh.

edit: Ang, they look like they are feathering out white (looking at the wings).
Do you see something I don't see?

Lisa

Last edited:
Quote:
You know the more I look at him (have him on my lap) the more he does look white in the wing.... Dang I wish I had a better camera that would show more detail. I think in a week or two his/her true colors will show. May very will be white that got bloodied up when hatching.

"You know the more I look at him (have him on my lap) "
Jeez-o-pete, not lap chicks!
LOL, I have to laugh 'cause Hubby caught me with day-old chicks in the living room on a drop-cloth making pics.
I got the 'chickens-belong-outside-speech' again.
And I agree wholeheartedly, except for the chicks he's missed for the last 2 years!
We have an outside brooder, but I don't trust it with young chicks.
Ang, keep me updated as they feather out. Do I see a chick with fuzz on the INSIDE of its shanks/legs?

Lisa

Great thing about chickens, Lisa, is that there is something for everyone, right? And you can try a breed to see if you like it and if you dont, someone will be glad to take if off your hands so you can try another one.

Back
Top Bottom