Ooops! How I almost ended up with 215 turkeys/ducks...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Country Gal, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    So I placed my poultry order with McMurray this year (I purchased from them last year and was very pleased with my order). This year I decided on 25 meat birds, and "Backyard Combination #2" which consists of 6 turkeys and 9 ducks.

For some reason, I decided to use my debit card rather than my credit card to pay for the orders. THANK GOD! My order is scheduled to hatch and ship this weekend. I was online paying bills and noticed that MM had deducted the money for the shipment... THEN I noticed that one of the deductions was for $260! :eek: I KNOW I didn't spend that much on my order.

I called customer service and they reviewed my order... at some point someone keyed in 215 turkeys and ducks instead of 15! Good thing I didn't put the order on the credit card - I'm not in the habit of checking the charge details and I may not have caught the error. Could you imagine my surprise had I shown up at the Post Office to pick up my 15 birds to only to find 215 birds??? [​IMG]

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Oh my goodness. I would've fainted!

3. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I would have fell over when they brought that box out.

4. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Wow, that's a lot of Thanksgiving dinners. [​IMG]

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Makes me think of the signature on one of the BYC members....it says " It hard to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys". [​IMG]
    I would have believed that on this one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by