Oops chicken marh......

Mvan42

Crowing
5 Years
Mar 15, 2019
Garrett County, Maryland
Ok so we had 16 hens one rooster...we lost two hens recently so of course we had to replace them right.... I always add a few chicks each year anyway. So I Bought 8 a month or so ago. At least 4 if not five are cockerel, they are Ee chicks that's why I bought 8 because I knew my luck I would have more boys than girls.. so last night we were at rural king and guess what those chickies in the back we ALL. Yelling at me to take them home... so we settled on 4 Grey ones not sure but they were in the Isa brown broader and 4 colored eggs layers. Supposed to be all females but I didn't think that Ee were a chick you can sex.... well finger crossed.... chicken math is at it again...

365A285D-A269-4DCA-A5AF-39F76D84F89E.jpeg

Voila

I have defied it so far believe it or not. I went from 20 to 17 (really does not count though since those 3 were killed by predator) then recently down to 8.
Maybe, that means I am not a real chicken person. I do not know. A little sad at first, but it is better all in all.

Also, on the sexing of EE's. I came out great. I ordered 10 pullets and got 10 pullets. Actually, I got 20-20 pullets including the other breeds. Seems I was really lucky.

I have defied it so far believe it or not. I went from 20 to 17 (really does not count though since those 3 were killed by predator) then recently down to 8.
Maybe, that means I am not a real chicken person. I do not know. A little sad at first, but it is better all in all.

Also, on the sexing of EE's. I came out great. I ordered 10 pullets and got 10 pullets. Actually, I got 20-20 pullets including the other breeds. Seems I was really lucky.
These last four said they were female ee so I am hoping that is true. Last one were advertised as straight run that's why I bought 8 I was hoping for at least a few. Looks like 4 or 5 cockrel out of 8 going to wait til the are a little older to tell.

Back
Top Bottom