oops did I make a mistake?

OPIE

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Freeman Mo.
I have 11 eggs that I bought off ebay. I put them in the incubator big side down and they have been that way for 10 days. I read on a post yesterday that they should be big side up, so I changed them around and am wondering if I made a mistake.
hmm.png

ep.gif
If you put them in cartons then yes, you did a "oppppppsssss"

Big side up !!!!!!!

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
Have you candled them at all ??? Is the air sac on the big end of the egg or the little end ??

Quote:
he said that he has candled and all he can see is a big blob....I asked him on what end was the blob, but no response yet.... I hope that it is not to late. I am really tempted to tell him to take them out of the turner and just turn them by hand. That way they are on there side not on either end....

Quote:
he said that he has candled and all he can see is a big blob....I asked him on what end was the blob, but no response yet.... I hope that it is not to late. I am really tempted to tell him to take them out of the turner and just turn them by hand. That way they are on there side not on either end....

hmmm.... he cant see a air sac at all ????? Thank god they were in a turner and not cartons, they have some what of a chance, Yah, I wonder also if he should put them on there side !! Wonder if that would confuse the chicks more than they all ready are ?

Quote:

hmmm.... he cant see a air sac at all ????? Thank god they were in a turner and not cartons, they have some what of a chance, Yah, I wonder also if he should put them on there side !! Wonder if that would confuse the chicks more than they all ready are ?

I agree about the egg cartons...atleast they were getting turned. I told him on day 10 he should be able to see vains and a pea chick in there !!!

Quote:

I agree about the egg cartons...atleast they were getting turned. I told him on day 10 he should be able to see vains and a pea chick in there !!!

Wish he could see an air sac, at least then we could tell what end they might pip.

At this point, I wouldn't worry about it. Just turn them large side up so the chick can pip the aircell. At ten days, the chick should have plenty of time to right itself and get into hatching position correctly. I'm sure all eggs ared not in the "correct" position in the nest under a broody.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom