OOPs I did it again!

Domestic_goddess

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Utah
So I've had my chicks from MPC for a week and a half, one died last sunday.....all other 9 seem healthy! But....I was in the Feed store and they had baby chicks, I seriously know that I'm over doing it....but I couldn't help myself at all. I came home with 7 more!

So I have 3 red sexlinks, 3 ee's, 2 delawares and 1 silver laced wyandotte...Now I added 3 black sexlinks, 3 RIR's and 1 Buff orp.

I better stay away from the feed store for a while!
smile.png
I'll have pics soon......

I accidentally brought home 12 more from the grain store the other day. When I was gearing up to tell my husband I told him I loved him, and he responded with...what did you buy?...Did you buy more chicks?
lau.gif

Knows me pretty well I guess!

"I accidently brought more home"
I love that - it was an accident, like running into a post in the parking lot.

Quote:
With 11 in the coop, 3 Frizzles in the basement along with 2 four week old and 5 one week old chicks that I hatched from our own flock, I just ordered
SIX Blue Frizzle Marans from MPC! SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!!

I accidently bought 2 Cayuga ducklings at the same time I deliberately bought 4 chicks. Honest. See this innocent expression?? It just happened.

So, now I have 1 rooster, 8 pullets, 4 chicks, and 2 ducklings.

I didn't tell my land-lady about the chicks and ducklings for 10 days...... and her response was, "Oh, ducks are so messy, Linda. Why didn't you get geese?"

Uhhhhhh..... there weren't any at the feed store??

Last edited:
I am safe going to the feed store right now and looking at the chicks because I can not buy any until April 1. After April 1st I will have to avoid the feed stores. On April 3 I am going to one feed store to pickup 10. I am also picking up 11 from a local breeder sometime the first week of April. This will leave me room for 4 others and I am pretty sure I know what they will be but it means going to 2 other feed stores on 2 other days. I am worried though that when I am picking these up that a couple of extras could end up "accidentally" getting in my box.

Back
Top Bottom