oops...LOL

thekla

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
Crow area- near Eugene OR
I went out and picked strawberries today and asked if I could have some of the older/not as nice/dinged ones for my chicks... they said sure, no charge, so I brought home a bucket full, very ripe and somewhat mushy by the time I got home...had a great treat "riot" as most of them loved them... but just as I put out the last bit I noticed one chick kinda laying on the ground in an awkward position, so checked and she got up...and kinda staggered around for a bit... I think a couple of the berries must have been a bit fermented... and I got her drunk. She was ok in a bit (there weren't that many berries vs. the number if chicks) but had to laugh after I got over the initial panic when I saw her down... guess I'll have to be careful the they (the berries) aren't too long in the sun. Also picked up a bag if yellow crookneck squash for tomorrow, mine seem to like just about any treat I give them, squash, greens, canteloupe, oatmeal, yougurt, whatever, they seem to like it all and always look for treats when I come out to visit.

lau.gif
That's hilarious!!! Horrible, but hilarious! Would have loved to have seen it.
lau.gif

When I was a kid we had pyrancanthia growing under our living room window. In late winter when the pickings were slim, the robins woulg eat them, get loaded, and fall off the bush! It was hilarious to watch!

Back
Top Bottom