Oopsie!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicks rule, Mar 15, 2008.

1. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    So I had eggs due the 12th, they started pipping on the 10th, 21 hatched, and by the 14th I figured the last 15 eggs were done for, no nothing out of them. Well last night I decided to crack the eggs and see where they had quit, much to my surprise, [​IMG] I had a living, breathing chick inside, now I had taken these out of the bator earlier in the day to clean it for the next hatch, so I was shocked, and sad for this poor baby. I chipped some more of the shell away and it started bleeding so I wrapped it in warm wet paper towel and put it back in the bator. as of this morning it was still alive so I went ahead and helped it out of it's shell, it had a bit of the yolk unabsorbed, so I put it back in the bator on a wet warm paper towel and when I got home this afternoon it is still alive and kicking, the yolk has absorbed, the thing I am worried about now is maybe it's little feet being curled, but, I will do what I can to see that it makes it. So when you ask and someone tells you to give it a few more days, please do so. [​IMG]

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Very interesting. I would never had thought. Good luck with the chick.

3. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    WOW!!! Please keep us updated on this little guy!!

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    oh wow, and yes keep us posted, good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by