Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

I am amazed at how wealthy I am. While I don't have a lot of money, I honestly don't know of anyone who is richer. The kindness shown me and the generousity to me is humbling. Today I took the larger portion of the chicks I had ordered from Estes Hatchery to those who had wanted them. Chickflick, Michigan Larry, Ooopsy Daisy, and Crazy Chicken Fever all had wanted birds, so Bluemoon accompanied me on chick delivery excursion. We met at Jamies house (CCF) and Zepher Creek (Ellen) came over too just to visit. What a nice time visiting with like minded folks. Ooopsy Daisy added to my sense of wealth my giving me 4 beautiful 2 day old ISA brown pullets.

Yaklady had planned to join us but something came up that prevented her from going with us, but she did come over before we left so that she could see all of the chicks. She also brought the beautiful hen that I had admired and insisted that I take it. What a wonderful addition to my rainbow flock. I wonder it I were to tell her how much I admire her new yak bull calf............
lau.gif

you gonna get some sleep tonight then Sam?
smile.png

How nice you got that hen that you were admiring! She will be a lovely addition to your flock. Sounds like you had a good day overall.

My darlin' daughter, I feel guilty sitting here in 77 degree weather while you sit there acutely aware of why kilts are not the garb of choice.

Today was a wonderful day visiting with friends both old and new. I will sleep much better knowing that all the chicks in my brooder belong to me. When they belong to others I worry more.

Evening everyone. Wanted to pop in and say hello.
Maggie
clap.gif
for the chicks! So glad they hatched for you! I won an auction for some white call duck eggs today! Can't wait to get them set next week.
Hope you all have a great evening.

Quite nicely, they're growing their feathers in. *sniff* I miss the days when they were fuzzy!

Chicks are alot like puppies. They're cutest when they are very young. If someone were able to come up with a breed of chicken that stayed looking like a tiny fuzzybutt he could become a multi-millionaire practically overnight.

I just went to put my duck eggs in a separate incubator that does not have a turner in it. They are due to hatch in a couple of days. Much to my surprise, one of them had a little poked out crack in it, and I heard a 'peep'! I moved them all to the other bator, and they have been rocking. I'm so excited! I wonder how long it takes?

Back
Top Bottom