Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Evening everyone.
Looks like everyone has been busy outside this weekend-including DH and I. Mowed the yard and part of the pasture, cleaned coop, housework, etc.
Not sure the mowing part agreed with me though, now I'm sneezing, coughing have a headache-all that fun stuff.
Does anyone know much about dog behavior? We're really beginning to get concerned that our new doxie puppy may have been abused before he came here. He is VERY nervous(shakes) when anyone besides me even tries to pet him-he tucks his head under my arm and tries to hide. He also cowers if anyone besides me tries to pick him up. When he and I are home alone, he plays with his toys, runs around the house like a maniac, growls and barks-all the things a normal puppy would do, but as soon as DH comes home-he just gets very quiet and subdued and hides his head behind a pillow or behind my back. I feel very sorry for him. Any clues?
Hope you all had a great weekend.

10233_coffee_4.gif
Coffee is on and I'm waiting for daylight to go out and check the live trap to see if the coon got the bait again. I have a twenty year old live trap that had been foolproofing, catching hundreds of coon. Recently a weld broke on a bracket that holds the trigger rod. I wired it back in place but it is now much harder to trigger. Three nights in a row the coon got the bait without getting caught. I reworked the trigger Saturday, but on Sunday morning the bait was still in place.

No coon visited the trap last night so I've got to keep hoping I'll get him/her soon.

As of yesterday I was officially down to 41chickens and the today the hatching urge was just to great and I set 42 eggs. I'm pretty sure that that officially makes me completely nuts.

Hi all, wanted to check in.
smile.png

Yesterday was spring cleaning, today it was working in the yard. My parents came over and we trimmed trees, mowed the lawn etc.
My mom was paranoid, kept telling me to "rest!!". I know she is worried, I guess that is moms for you....
Tomorrow I am going to plant marigolds and Wednesday the vegetable garden.
I have incubators on lockdown right now, white banty cochins, pilgrim geese, mixed eggs etc. Silkies due the end of the week.
Monday I have to go to the Mayo Clinic again for another bone marrow biopsy and all those wonderful tests.
hmm.png

Hope everyone is doing well!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom