Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Chamomile tea that has steeped for at least 30 minutes is supposed to have a muscle relaxant that will quell the spasms of the diaphram.

thumbsup.gif
thanks!

How is everyone at your end? Recovering?

Quote:
Can the tea be targeted at only the muscles of the diaphragm? Because I do believe there are other muscles that the Highlander would prefer NOT be relaxed anymore.

Quote:
Can the tea be targeted at only the muscles of the diaphragm? Because I do believe there are other muscles that the Highlander would prefer NOT be relaxed anymore.

fl.gif

Opa-

I would take the eggs, but my issue is I don't have anywhere to keep the chicks. I need to move my dad's old shed and fix the roof before I set any eggs. I have been so busy with the theatre production of the Music Man that I won't have time til after Mother's day to work on it.

If you have a solution for a spot for baby chicks, let me know. I love my stock tank, but it is the neighbors and they need it beginning of May. Right now I have 29 bantams that are 3 weeks old and 25 meat chickens that are 2 weeks old seperated in it. Need to figure where to put them in a couple weeks too!
barnie.gif

Talk to you soon!

Sarah

When the boys were still at home I used to do a lot of cooking and baking. Since Hope has been here I rarely do anymore. She seems to think that she is the only one who knows how to cook around here. However, when she is working an extra long day I go ahead and fix dinner so that it is ready when she comes in. Tonight it was pretty simple. I had previously boiled the meat off of a couple of hambones and packaged the meat and broth in freezer bags. Sure makes fixing a pot of white beans real quick and easy. That and a pan of cornbread and you've got a pretty decent meal.
What I did fix that I haven't had in probably 20 years was baked apples. The boys loved them and I used to fix them quite often and occasionally I'd got whole hog and make apple dumplings with a candied cinnamon syrup. Anyway tonight we had the apples baked with cinnamon, sugar and butter. Served them warm with a little vanilla ice cream. Don't know how they could have been any better. Since there is only 3 of us I should have made 3, but 4 fit in the baking dish so.............. We each at one after supper and then just a few minutes ago I'm sure I heard that fourth one calling my name out of loneliness. It's not lonely anymore.

10233_wind_twister3.gif
Woke this morning grumbling to myself that the weather is wet and cold. Lots I wanted to do and more that I need to do. Just as I started to work myself up into a snit I turned on the television. Weather forecast calls for the rain to last all day. It figures, what a horrible day it's going to be. Then the news report switched to Yazoo City, Mississippi. My unhappiness with the weather suddenly made me feel petty and ungrateful for what I've been given. The devastation those poor people must now face is unbelievable. Homes completely gone. All their possessions picked up and scattered miles away. All of us who woke up this morning should give thanks for the day we have. Take a few moments to pray for those who faced that storms wrath and then call the Red Cross to offer help.

We woke up to the same storm line, though much watered down. My heart aches for those hit by the tornados, things like this make me want to jump in the truck and go offer my two hands in service to those who have lost all but their lives. As for those who lost their lives, my heart breaks.

It's cold and rainy this afternoon. Two BYCers just left here with 4 bantam hens that are about a year old and laying real well. I decided not to try and maintain a "rainbow flock" of bantams so I needed to get rid of these. I still have the blue orpingtons, the vorwerks, and the spangled hamburgs. I want the four hens to go so I posted who ever brought me a bag of layer pellets could have them. They left here happy with 2 red pyle OEGBs, a gold seabright, and a pyncheon.

Back
Top Bottom