Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Hiya ranchie... .thanks for being there on thurs. when I had my first chick dispatch... would like to forget that nightmarish event... should have called before I did the deed and got the down low on the advice Opa gave you about dispatching. ugh, what an ordeal i had with my first...and it was my dd's 1st grade class chick. I wrapped it up in paper towel but some blood (yes, I twisted and the paper thin skin ripped) seeped through and my 2 little girls were like, why is there blood? and i'm go, oh it happens sometimes. (especially when mommy thought all she had to do was do a twist and break the neck---apparently that is not so.) urg, sigh. Live and learn.

frow.gif
everyone. It took me almost all morning to catch up with you guys. I saw my name mentioned a couple of times......it made my heart happy you have thought of me. I sincerely appreciate that.
smile.png
I think of you all often and miss being on this thread and Orp's. I had one treatment down, and 5 more to go. I don't want to bring all those details here, I do enough of that on my thread over at the Family section. Just wanted to let you know I'm doing well, probably because of all the well wishes I've received (no doubt).

But did I miss something with MagsC? I know today she gets tests done, I wish you the best of luck MagsC!!
hugs.gif
I hope and pray it's not a bad thing and you will be fine!
fl.gif

Maybe it's the spring weather or something, but I got chick fever pretty bad. I know I can't get any right now, but seeing other people's babies brings back memories from last March when I got my first chicks. (I had gotten pullets first) Even DH mentioned how much fun having baby chicks in the house was! This is a good thing for future reference.
big_smile.png

Hope everyone is well!

Howdy fatboy, nice seeing you around again.
smile.png

Quote:
Missy Luna, I do indeed think that is our Maple, back as another mama hen! Maple, don't get too graphic, read the OP, girl! Glad to talk to you, and hope I helped some. What a lousy thing to have to deal with. Hope you never have to go there again!

Luna, how goes it? Glad to see you back, you are always in my thoughts, G. I gave away 13 RIR chicks yesterday - I had rescued them and couldn't justify the time, labor and money of building another coop/run. They went to a really good home so I am happy.

fatboy, if you really want to have some fun? Go to the FB page called "Doric".
th.gif
Then you can talk like a Highlander!
big_smile.png

Hey ranchie! I'm doing great! (considering) I noticed you saw those panels with the glass beads ! Amazing, I never thought of doing something like that. Have you? I don't feel like dragging my grinder out and I worry about cutting myself with the glass (I have to be careful) So I think I have a new hobby over the summer - glass bead panels!
ya.gif
lol.png
I think I'll start with the coop windows, they're plexi glass and I could have fun with those. I think it'll be therapeutic.
woot.gif

Hi Luna!

yes it is me... i'm at the library and i was just scolded cuz my 4 year old is being toooooo loud.
hide.gif

Maple! I just saw your other thread.........it IS you.
lol.png
Sorry about the baby chick.
sad.png
That had to be tough. It was something that had to be done and you did it. If there is a next time, you're prepared.

The library? Isn't that a place where you have to be quiet?
lol.png
Nice to see you again too!
hugs.gif

Afternoon all! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
Hi Luna-been thinking about you and always keep you in my prayers-glad you are feeling so well!
My call ducks started hatching about noon and I am so excited! Cutest little thing!
I ask that anyone who prays to please keep Middle Tennessee in your prayers-spoke to my family a while ago and they are almost completely cut off at this point-thank God they live on a high bluff over the Cumberland River! Very worrisome.
sad.png

Maggie-thinking about you.
Sally-Thanks, girl(you know what I'm talking about-I hope
big_smile.png
).
Have a wonderful day, folks!

Quote:
Best glue for outdoor projects like that is plain old clear silicone caulk. Even one of those small tubes for bathtubs will go a long way. I have lots of projects in the "I think Department" but not a thing in the "I am doing it now Department". Give the panels a wash and glue away!
smile.png
Okay, maybe I should get me arse in gear.

Do a pattern of a big rooster? Flowers? Oooh, even just random pattern would be pretty color and sparkle.
Glad you are hanging in there. It isn't easy, but if my sis can do it anybody can!

Sheila, I reckon you're talking about that weird place.
lol.png
Blame it on the Highlander. And yes, prayers for all the folks being flooded.
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom