Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Highlander, That's some UGGLY chickens,
25r30wi.gif
Seriously, though, what re you going to do with them.?..

I have to agree with viejo loco those rheally are some strange looking chickens. Actually I jealous. I've always thought it would be cool to have birds that would lay eggs large enough that one would feed a family.

Yesterday rheally was nice day. Scott, my youngest son, was here. He and Rebecca drove up from their home in Missouri to attend a the wedding of a dear friend. Dave and Amy, and Hope's two sons and their families, as well as Scott's best friend Carl, with his family were here for dinner. Carl had lived with us his last year of high school so it was like having another son visit. So the house was full of kids. Mine and theirs and the noise was happily welcomed. Still when all had gone, the silence was rhather welcomed as well.
I wonder if Thistle has any idea of how difficult it is trying to come up with rh words?

Last edited:
Quote:
VL, I am going to raise them to sell the eggs and chicks and if I can a) persuade a local abattoir to obtain a ratite license and b) harden myself to their long fluttering eyelashes, for their meat as well.
smile.png

Not only that but not many words even rhyme with rhea. Since you live in Scotland and not some warmer clime like Rhodesia are you going to have to dial up the rheostat on your heaters? If you allow them to free range be sure they stay out of your rhubarb and the rhododendrons. While I don't expect them to be Rhodes scholars are they smarter than chickens?

lol.png
someone's been rheading their dictionary!

They are enjoying the rhelative sunshine that we have rhight now: (this is going to get rheally annoying, isn't it?)

16494_rheas_009.jpg

16494_rheas_006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom