Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Looking forward to seeing you!

As much as I'd like to visit Scotland, I don't know that I would want to go at this time of the year. Heck even southern Scotland is too far north to be warm.

Opa, we are going at the end of Aug/beginning of Sept.. hopefully the weather will be warmer then it is right now!
cool.png

Highlander....we are having a heatwave here....+20F this morning
tongue2.gif
Of course the wind is blowing about 50+mph so the 3 ft of snow that has been here since Nov. is flying around covering the roads with huge drifts.....hasn't snowed in a couple of days, but around here it doesn't need to snow to have crappy roads!
th.gif

Slywoody....what ya waiting for.....no time like the present!
ya.gif

Now I need to secure my travel plans....thinking of flying into Glasgow, it is cheaper then Edinburgh. Then renting a car at the Glasgow airport after we visit the cities for a couple days....I think it best we take the train between the big cities as I really hate a lot of traffic...especially since I am a rookie driving on the left side of the road!
idunno.gif

Hubby said that Scotland in those months are the BEST times to go! He went there once and would love to go back there.

I think he visited:
Edinburgh
Braemar
Killidae (a battlefield) I am not sure if I am spelling it right
Highlands
Glascow

And all he ate there was either FF at McD or a nice pub that serves grilled cheese toasties and FF. Most the time he stayed at the youth hostel and he did not go with the tourists, he went off the "beaten path" and found alot of nice things that tourists often missed. Even right down to the flowers and pebbles of that one bridge which I can not remember the name of it. He went on trails more like sheep trails as he puts it. Met a few folks there and one even invited him in to their home and got him dressed up in kilts. He never wore kilts but the male friend of his said to strip down and my hubby said "What? No underwear?" "Yah, no knickers or underwar!" LMBO! It was new for him to wear something like that but it was an experience he would never forget. From this day on, he would wear his kilts, despite of my own mother's rants of being unsantitary reasons...bare butts, sitting on chairs, means we will get "cooties". Well, there is a truth to it but come on, most guys are decent about that! many of them would sit and slide back, keeping their kilts intact.

Harlan, hubby said, do make sure to attend the Highland Festivals going on there! It was a sight to see and lots to hear!

Last edited:
Quote:
You know Woody, I have long suspected you might have a few more years than I. But you go all the way back to Day One?
th.gif

Guess you've earned the right to this!
old.gif

hide.gif
lau.gif

I guess I'll pass on going to Scotland after all, since their chairs are infested with cooties from kilt wearing men.
roll.png

How DO such silly tales get started?

Let's recap. Coldand damp weather, sheep belly sandwiches, cootie covered seats, and they drive on the wrong side of the road. What does Scotland need a tourist and travel bureau for when they have us?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom