Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

It's snowing pretty steady here this morning and the temperature is 20 degrees which isn't too bad as long as you are sitting inside looking out. A flock of turkeys have been scratching around trying to find corn so I suppose I should go dump another bag to keep them coming round. Granny really likes that fact that she can see tree and wildlife when looking out the window. At my youngest brothers house all she can see are neighboring houses that are less than 75' away.

I'm starting to figure out how to use this new format and I suppose once I get used to it it will be better but there are some things about the old system that I liked better. For instance, favorites, with one click I would be at this thread where now I have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get here.

Good Morning Opa, I usually come here because I get an email notice that someone else has posted. Clicking on the second more bolded title will bring me to the new post. If I'm in the forum somewhere else, I go to the top right corner and click on subscriptions and the threads I'm subscribed to pop up. I click on the thread but it takes me to the first page of the thread. At least I can find it easy enough though. Hope that helps a little!

I love seeing the wildlife here too! I put suet out when the snow covers the ground and love to watch the Downy woodpeckers, chickadees, sapsuckers, blue jay and others enjoying it. The juncos pick around beneath looking for anything that may have been dropped.

I get here now from the homepage. Under "Recent BackYardChickens Activity" I have 'Forums' selected and then 'Subscriptions Only' selected and it gives me a list of all the threads I have subscribed to. It's the quickest way that I have found so far. Things are a tad bit different, some easier, some not but I ain't gonna get my knickers in a twist about it!

I haven't figured out the photobucket thing yet but I think I uploaded an album of pics that I took while I was out walking the dogs this afternoon. Hopefully someone can tell me if it worked?

I get here now from the homepage. Under "Recent BackYardChickens Activity" I have 'Forums' selected and then 'Subscriptions Only' selected and it gives me a list of all the threads I have subscribed to. It's the quickest way that I have found so far. Things are a tad bit different, some easier, some not but I ain't gonna get my knickers in a twist about it!

I haven't figured out the photobucket thing yet but I think I uploaded an album of pics that I took while I was out walking the dogs this afternoon. Hopefully someone can tell me if it worked?

Yes, I can see "Forest Walk Jan 2012" in your profile. Very beautiful!!

Oh, Vee! Does this mean you have officially listed the ban on the "K" word??? I can't tell you how hard these years have been on me.
You've made me so very happy!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom