Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

rrrmamma will be thinking of you and lifting your momma, you and your family up in prayer.
hugs.gif

Love the pictures of the kilts, what a great family! I too had always wondered what they wore under there.....thank goodness they are to the knees at least!

Hope all is well this evening.
Blessings,
Shirley

You know everyone is wondering....

So, I hope the weather was calm, the day of the wedding? No gusty winds?
big_smile.png

I'm off to town with my hubby. It's his birthday!! He took a day off so that we can spend it alone.

Yesterday was my DH's birthday as well!! His day-off rotation worked-out that he was off and didn't have to make his 62 mile one-way communte, but it was Grandparents Day at our grandson's school in Minooka so we drove in for that! Then had a quick sandwich for lunch so I could go to work at 1:00!!

Opa, I hope you get to go fishing! A full day of fellowship and fishing with a friend is well worth the $40.00 price tag!

Sure was nice to see the pictures of Vicki's family. I'm sure as the years go by that photo will become a cherished one.

I did get to go lure washing today. While the temperature actually got to 67, on the water it never felt like that. In fact we never took off our heavy coats. The wind was blowing so hard that it made boat handling difficult. While we didn't catch anything it was still a enjoyable day.

For all of you that wondered about what's under the kilts....there are two or maybe three answers to them.

As my hubby wears a kilt, the blue Thompson kilt, wears NOTHING under it. He said it's the TRUE scottish tradition.

For those guys who plays the tilt a log (log caber toss) or throw a rock over the bar kind of thing, (hammer toss/ shelf toss)wearing shorts are a must in this country or anyone that have spectators and public alike watching them play. No one wants to see the X rated kind of view unless you are watching the remake of "Braveheart" LOL!

When I first dated hubby, I had alot of my friends teasing me about whats under his kilts. I would blush so hotly because I had NO idea whats under it and I thought it was in poor taste to ask a gentleman. After a year of dating him, I finally mustered up the courage, had to ask him to satisfy my curiousity. Well, without a word, he bared his bum, well, you knew "OK, that is all the answer I really need to know!" Every time a gal asked me, I would blushed hotly as before and said nothing. Now I am married, I had no shame in letting folks know it is an option for each and every gentleman to wear kilts, to go commando or not. One thing I am a stickler for this: wear your kilts in good taste and take care of them! No bare butts sitting on seats, gather your kilts under you as you sit!

For all of you that wondered about what's under the kilts....there are two or maybe three answers to them.

As my hubby wears a kilt, the blue Thompson kilt, wears NOTHING under it. He said it's the TRUE scottish tradition.

For those guys who plays the tilt a log (log caber toss) or throw a rock over the bar kind of thing, (hammer toss/ shelf toss)wearing shorts are a must in this country or anyone that have spectators and public alike watching them play. No one wants to see the X rated kind of view unless you are watching the remake of "Braveheart" LOL!

When I first dated hubby, I had alot of my friends teasing me about whats under his kilts. I would blush so hotly because I had NO idea whats under it and I thought it was in poor taste to ask a gentleman. After a year of dating him, I finally mustered up the courage, had to ask him to satisfy my curiousity. Well, without a word, he bared his bum, well, you knew "OK, that is all the answer I really need to know!" Every time a gal asked me, I would blushed hotly as before and said nothing. Now I am married, I had no shame in letting folks know it is an option for each and every gentleman to wear kilts, to go commando or not. One thing I am a stickler for this: wear your kilts in good taste and take care of them! No bare butts sitting on seats, gather your kilts under you as you sit!

Good advice for anyone in a skirt or kilt.
thumbsup.gif

I was just trying to torment V. I already knew what's is/isn't under them.
wink.png

Well, as usual it seems I am a day late and a dollar short as the saying goes, I haven't been on much lately and I missed these wonderful pictures everyone has been talking about.

I just keep telling myself spring is almost here...every year winter just seems longer and longer.

6pm and I just came in from working outside. I picked up branches from my apple tree pruning until my back was starting to feel like it was real close to locking in a permanent question mark. Sat up a brooder and then went a picked up 7 week old ISA brown pullets. Then took all the plastic tarps off the runs. If we get any more snow is should be enough to amount to much, nor should it last. Moved part of the birds back to their proper summer quarters and will move the rest tonight after they've gone to roost. Since my day won't be finished until that is done I'm afraid to sit in my favorite chair. I know what will happen if I do.

Back
Top Bottom