Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Love that pic Sam! When did Morgan turn 20? She looks so grown up!!

I have some exciting news! DH and I were over in Prague at the weekend as he had a job interview. He got the job so we will all be moving over there in August! We have a very busy, but exciting couple of months ahead of us!

It is hard to believe that Morgan is only 13. She is going to be very beautiful and I'm sure the coming years are going to be very stressful for her father.
The fact that Ian got the job is great and it sure is going to entail a lot of work getting ready for the move. Are you going to be able to rent your house while you are gone? While I don't imagine you will have chickens for the foreseeable future you still will remain my daughter and I will continue to "Chec" up on you.

Yes, hopefully we are going to rent at both ends for a while until we see how things go. No, no chickens (or rheas!) for a while now, but something else will come along to keep me occupied I'm sure!

The older I get the more I am reminded of the foolishness of my youth. It seems that many things you did with youthful impunity come back to haunt you in your golden years. Aches and pains arrive to remind us of the misadventures of our youth. One reminder is skin cancer. Several times a year my dermatologist burns pre-cancerous lesions from my old hide. Last month I had him look at a pin head size hole that had developed on my right cheek about a inch below my eye. He used his liquid nitrogen to treat it and when it healed I had a depression about 1/16" deep and about a 1/4" in diameter. When he re-examined it on Tuesday he decided that it was probably cancerous and needed to be excised. Now I have a 3/4" x 1 1/4" hole from the treatment. The tissue was sent out for biopsy and hopefully that will be the end of it. Who would have thought that a tan could cause so much grief.

Last edited:
hugs.gif

Female, named Bella. She is a very smart dog, also pretty, fearless, hard-headed, tireless, and she behaves perfectly around the chickens. She is a fanatic stick-chaser, which landed her in the hospital a few weeks ago when she took a stick down the throat, breaking off with 5 inches embedded in her neck. But even after that she still brought the remains of the stick back to the thrower. :rolleyes: I knew she was recovered when, after a few weeks, she started bringing me sticks again. She also is deaf, which you would not easily guess, she is so attentive. As you can see I am rather fond of her.

Hope and Granny are watching the Concert for the Queen and I am reading a novel by Nicholas Evans called The Loop. His novel The Horse Whisperer is considered a classic by many. He is very adept at describing a scene in such a way that you feel as if you can see it. It's often said that a picture is worth a thousand words however his words are able to paint a picture that you are able to visualize in a manner that could only be duplicating by actually experiencing it yourself.

Sneak a quick glance at the concert and just when did Tom Jones turn into an old man? He still sings well and looks good but he is old. I remember hearing his first big hit What's new pussycat when I was stationed in Germany. That was 1965 so that wasn't really that long ago.
lau.gif
Sometimes it is almost scary how fast life has gone. There was a song not long ago about Living life in fast forward. It certainly does seem like that is what I have been doing.

Last edited:
Opa, It never ceases to amaze me how that the older I get, the faster time goes!
lol.png
I'm sure there must be some "theory" or "postulate" to explain it..........I just know for me it's like reaching the top of a hill on a bike, starting down the other side, speeding up to mach speed and no matter how hard you are applying the brakes...........you just keep rolling faster and faster!

Back
Top Bottom