Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
Understood. There are lots of hobbies out there. I just happened to get into gaming.

The note from easttxchick said she want to send me a "taste of texas". That got me to thinking about Ed Bruce, a singer/songwriter/actor who penned the classic b]"Mommas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys"[/b]. He wrote songs that were hits for Willie Nelson, Crystal Gayle and Tanya Tucker. He also wrote beautifully crafted songs like "The Last Cowboy Song" and "When you fall in love every song's a waltz".The ability to craft a well written verse is something I admire greatly. Two of his songs are probably well known to Shelia, Tanya Tucker's recording of "Texas (when I die)" and his own recording of "My First Taste of Texas"; and the last two lines of that song seem apply to her gift to me.

"And my first taste of Texas,
Still lingers in my heart and on my tongue
".

Last edited:
Quote:
lol.png
I understood every word you said PK. I also know gaming, I went to college for multimedia ( Years ago ) , and 3D graphic animations. I know a lot about computers, gaming, and intergrating drawings to animation.
smile.png
So fear not, At least one person understands you.
lol.png

Bluemoon

Quote:
I love Ed Bruce....one of my favorite singing voices....and speaking of favorite voices I heard my most favorite voice today on a Dodge commercial that I had never seen before....Mr. Sam Elliot himself.
love.gif
big_smile.png

frow.gif
Katy, PK, Bluemoon , Caycee and everyone else.
Katy, I absolutely LOVE Sam Elliott in Tombstone. One of the best movies ever-bet I've seen it 20 times.
Opa "Texas When I Die" is kind of an anthem here. We're loud and we're proud and at times boastful, but the people here are wonderful and I hope this is where they lay me in the ground.
Sally I thought about you today when I was grocery shopping and they had beef brisket on sale. I thought, "hmmm how could I ship Sally one of these?".
Maggie, it's almost 9 and I still have no baby chicks in my incubator!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom