Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
Chelsea, I don't think there are many folks out there who are capable to matching your cockerel to pullet ration. Wait a minute I almost forget. Ranchie can.
gig.gif

Nice egg Opa! Great job for the first time with such a delicate canvas! Hi everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I officially have 2 teenagers...DD hit 13 today! I made her favorite dinner and dessert. Fried chicken with gravy and biscuits and homemade ce cream with homemade brownie from scratch for dessert.
smile.png
That kid can put away some food!!!! 4 pieces of chicken and a few biscuits and gravy AND double helping of dessert just 30 minutes later!! She'll be hungry again in an hour....
roll.png
lol.png
She got a duckling and muck boots for her B-day
smile.png
Country bumpkin in progress...lol! Here's a pic! somehow someone got me 4 ducks..
hu.gif
( I think Ranchie is at fault there) Kiddo's baby is the Mallard, she named it Dianne.

45943_duckies_003.jpg

Quote:
lol.png
Will do Opa! She can't have cake anyway aside from a very few that I have scratch recipes for....food allergies
roll.png
so you can keep that one
tongue.png

There are days that I wish I had food allergies. It get a little harder each year to keep my boyish figure.
roll.png
Now with Granny here it is even more difficult. Being from the south she believes that there are only two things you can do with food. Fry it, or put sugar on it. She also is convenienced that the world will come to an end if we don't have some type of dessert here at all times. What would happend if company stopped by and we've nothing to offer. Or worse yet what are you going to do to keep from getting hungry between supper and bedtime.

Poor Opa! My DH would trade places with you some days. I CAN cook/bake a LOT but i don't bake but ever so often because these people do NOT know when to stop! Especially DH sometimes. He's skinny as a stinkin rail too
roll.png
Yep Southern cooking calls for the sugar and lard
lol.png
At least it's better than high fructose corn syrup and processed meat though.

I was concerned about keep the temperature correct as the night cooled so every hour or so I was out to the coop to check on the chicks that arrived yesterday. Since none of them belong to me I probably more concerned than I needed to be. It was after 2am before I finally convinced myself that they were going to be okay.
I was just getting into my serious sleeping mode when the phone rang. Caller ID confirmed at it was the post office and that the time was 420. The welsummer pullets have arrived. I dressed hurriedly and drove into town thinking that a man must have something seriously wrong to be doing what I am.
Back home made a pot of coffee and will try to get a couple of cups down before getting started. I give each chick 2 or 3 drops of water with Poultry Drench before placing them into the brooder. I like to reassure myself that each bird is properly hydrated to give them the best possible start. Chelsea (Bluemoon) said to call her as soon as the chicks arrive and she would come and help and this box has at least 70 birds in it. I do appreciate her offer but I think I will give her a little more of her night before calling.
Once I have them all taken care of and placed in the brooder I will post a picture of 90+ chicks.

Thanks, There hasn't been flooding like that in 100 years.
sad.png
There are people evacuating their homes, it's gotten so bad. My uncle said even when the rain stops, it's going to get worse because the main river hasn't crested. My brother, sister inlaw, daughter, etc won't be able to work or go to school today. So many of the roads are shut down. I'm still waiting to hear from a few friends. I suspect they had to evacuate also.

Hopefully, everyone can get back to their homes soon.

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom