Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
sorry, couldn't type for laughing there!
lau.gif

*gotcha*
gig.gif

Last edited:
Ranchie you've got the principal a little confused. The water with a kick must be filtered through the Scots to get them to eat haggis.

Hmmmm...... that makes sense Opa, except I'm confused still about what the order is. Maybe it's one of those endless cycles?
lol.png

Like which came first the haggis or the egg?

Which came first the hootch or the haggis.
10233_thinking_hmmm.gif

Sorta like the chicken or the egg thing. Now lets see. If you were partaking of a wee drop or twelve of that dear highland dew would you start thinking that haggis was appetizing?
10233_thinking_head_scratch.gif

Or maybe the sight of a wild haired woman with a blue face boiling a haggis might make you want to start drinking to forget.
10233_drinking_to_much.gif

Gonna take a whole lot more than that "dear Highland dew" to get me to eat haggis. Even as a pizza.
sickbyc.gif

Hey Highlander, when I get to Scotland? Can we just skip the Scotch and haggis and go straight to tablet?
big_smile.png

Quote:
No. You get stopped at customs on your way into the country and force fed haggis. If you don't keep it down they don't let you in.

Finally! I have a broody that actually hatched something!
ya.gif
I was greeted with a teeny little yellow head when I went to check on her this morning. Not sure if there are any more under there but I just left her to do her thing. I'll get pics when I can.

The volcanic dust has started to fall to the ground in Scotland. I haven't seen any here, but the air is thick with the smell of sulphur. Not entirely pleasant, but pretty cool when you think of the reason!

She just got off the nest to drink so I got a good look at the situation. One hatched and doing fine, one hatched but dead and 3 eggs not even pipped. Not a brilliant result overall, but I am still pleased with the little cutie that is here.

16494_chick_005.jpg

Awwwww, congrats, Highlander!!!

Just curious, Opa..... Have you ever tried haggis? I was recently watching a show on the food network. The show was about the bad rap that Scottish people have gotten for their food. The host on the show decided to go on a tour of eateries and fine restaurants in Scottland to try out as much as possible. He went to a fish n' chips place for lunch one day and ordered haggis. Not sure what it is, but it didn't look so bad. The guy seemed to enjoy it, but his Scottish guide watched in disgust. He said, "I can't believe you're eating that. I won't even eat that stuff!"

Back
Top Bottom